Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Me a grad student?

I started my masters program! Today was the first real day of class. Talk about a tired brain... it is possible. Classes from 9 to 4:30. Didn't seem like it would be too bad, but it was a pretty long day of new theories and a whole lot of new terms. Trying to get back to thinking in therapy terms is tough too. I am excited to see all that I will be learning. I hope that I can be smart enough for this program! It is a very vigorous program but they push for all their students to succeed. I wasn't so nervous until they started talking about the clients I will be scheduling next March for sessions already! Whoa hold your horses! Little nervous. They incorporate an internship with the practicum to allow application of the things that we are learning in class. I think it will be really great for me because I learn more hands on. So all us students have checked each other out and made some first impression assumptions. It's fun to know that we will all be together through out the entire program, going through the same fears and same excitements. I look forward to learning more!

2 comments:

  1. Therapy sessions?! Yikes! I'm sure you'll do well, though. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get this great cursive font?! I guess I need to do some exploring of bloggy options! So cute!

    ReplyDelete